TLDR; - Policy in plain English
- Personal communication (chats and video call) stream are sent directly to intended recipient using webRTC p2p based technology. So instead of traditional approach of collecting and then deleting, your personal communication is never logged. In cases where p2p communication is blocked for user, communication is routed by our servers in which case communication is fully encrypted.
- Since extensions are installed in browsers, we went extra mile to prevent user privacy by not including any 3rd party analytics sdk (like google analytics) directly in extension. This prevent tracking of users via cookie or any other medium by these providers.
- We do collect anonymized technical information when Flickcall services are active on streaming platforms. The information includes browser details, user interaction, time in establishing connection, error logs, delay in video synchronization, title being played etc that are necessary for core functionality, monitoring of services & optimize product.
- If you create Flickcall account, your name, email address, and profile image will be stored with us. You have full right to delete the data here
Policy in detail
Information we collect as part of extension
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.Personal Information
If you create an account with us or contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
Whenever call to our servers are made, IP address is collected as part of standard internet protocol. This IP address is deleted within 15 days.Technical Information
We are a privacy focused company that uses peer to peer technologies to communicate. So in order to make sure the health of our services we use technical usage data like but not limited to
- Device and browser information.
- Random generated install id.
- User activity like clicks within Flickcall window and logo, time taken to communicate with other peers, network connectivity, page URL and which features of products are being used.
- Extension version, installation date, source of install.
Information we collect as part of website
- Only applicable when you visit Flickcall website.
- Device and browser information.
- Includes 3rd party sdk - google analytics, amplitude to monitor traffic on those page.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our services.
- Debug any issues faced by users.
- Understand and analyze how you use our products.
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Communicate with you, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Find and prevent fraud.
- The data collected from extension is never shared with any ad provider or used internally to target ads. For data collected on website, please refer to 3rd party policies google analytics and amplitude.
Flickcall follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the extension, and gathering demographic information.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
None of the data is sold to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. Third party analytics tools like amplitude and google analytics are used to track performance where data is kept in anonymised form.
GDPR Data Protection Rights. How to request for deletion of data?
You have full right over your data. If you wish to delete your account and associated data, please go to log in to your account and go to delete account to request for deletion of data. We keep 30 days grace period in case user changes their mind and wants to restore data. During this time user can revert the action. Within next 30 - 60 days our batch process will run and delete all the data associated with that account.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Flickcall does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.